Replacement of a Lost or Stolen Passport for 16 & 17-Year-old
One Parent must appear with the minor
Please Choose Lost/Stolen U.S. Passport Service if:
1. You are unable to locate your current valid passport.
2. Your passport has been lost or stolen
Step 1: Gather and Prepare U.S Passport Application Document
1.Completed Application DS-11 form
Please click on the link at the bottom of this section to complete, and create your passport application (DS-11) online. After you fill out the form online, you will see at the bottom of the page a button that says “Create Form”, please click the “Create form” button, and your application form (DS-11) will appear completed on your screen.
1. Please print One copies of the completed application form (DS-11)
2. Do not print the form on the double-sided page
3. Do not sign this application form until you are instructed to during Authorization
4.After filling out and printing the form close the window to return to your passport instruction
Click here to complete and create your application form (DS-11) online
2. Completed DS-64 form (Statement regarding lost/stolen passport)
This form should be submitted along with the DS-11 Application. Click here to download the DS-64 form.
3. Proof of U.S. Citizenship (one of the following documents)
1. A certified U.S. birth certificate
2. An expired U.S. passport
3. Original naturalization certificate
4.Two identical passport photographs
Taken within the past 6 months, showing current appearance.Must be official passport -type and approximately 2″× 2″ with a clear background. The photo must be color. Do not wear a hat, glasses, or any item that covers the face. Face forward only, no side shot or profiles will be accepted. Homemade Digital Photographs are not acceptable.
Note: You can take your passport photo at Duane Reade, CVS or FedEx Kinkos
5.Proof of Parent’s Identification(One of the following)
1.State issued ID
2.State issued driver license
3.Military I.D bearing a photo
4.U.S Passport or Foreign Passport
6.Proof of Departure 14 days or less
Please provide one of the following items if you have one:
1.A copy of your airplane ticket or
2.A copy of your itinerary from the travel agent or airline or
3. If you do not have a ticket or itinerary please Click here
7.Letter of Authorization
1 Completed Letter Authorization form Please complete and print out two copies of the Authorization Letter. This letter will authorize our company to submit and obtain the new passport on your behalf (Read Instruction before completing) Click here
Processing Time & Fee
1.U.S. Government Fees
Make one check or money order payable to “U.S. Department of State” (this is the government processing fee).
Passport Book: $170.00
Passport Book and Passport Card: $200.00
1. Write the applicant’s full name and date of birth on the check or money order.
2. All personal checks must show a printed address.
3. Do not cross out and rewrite any information on the check.
4. Temporary or starter check is not acceptable.
In addition to the fees above.A $35 passport execution fee payable by cash or credit card to the Post Office or Courthouse which you visit
2.Processing time & Services Fee:
* 3 to 5 business day processing $150.00
* 2- business day processing $250.00
* 24-Hour processing $350.00 (Must call in advance)
Click here to completely fill-out the order form. You will be asked to input your personal information and payment information.
Step 2: Get Your Application Authorized
All first-time applicants must have their application authorized by local government officials called Acceptance Agents(AA). Bring all of the list above to a Passport Acceptance Facility Click here and notify the agent using an expediting service to “hand carry” your application. As stated, please present all the above-listed items to the Acceptance Agent for approval. Applicant will then sign the passport application form in the presence of the Acceptance Agent who will witness your signature and select the following items from the above list to place in an envelope.
1.Application form (DS-11)
2.Two Passport size photo
3.Proof of Citizenship
4.Two copies of the Authorization form letter
5.Proof of departure
6.Payment to “U.S Dept of State “
Note: Do not seal the payment to Aml Passport & Visa Service or the Order Form
Do not open this sealed envelope or the application will be invalid. Important: Make sure the agent return the sealed envelope to you. If the agent does not feel at ease about releasing the envelope suggest that he/she refer to page 31 or 44 of their PassportAgent’s Manuel “Hand -Carrying of Executed Application”
Print the following on the outside of the sealed envelope:
a) Full name
b) Date of birth
c) Departure date
Step 3: Ship Document to or walk-in Aml Passport & Visa Services
Please bring the following document or place it in a FedEx or UPS Express envelope
1.The Government seal envelope from the Acceptance Agent
2.Payment to Aml Passport & Visa Services
3.One copy of the Authorization Form (the other copy will be inside the sealed envelope )
Ship to or Walk-in
Aml Passport & Visa Service
New York, NY 10018
Attn: Passport Department
Call us or email us with your tracking number so that we may be able to monitor your package.
Your passport application will be hand-carried to the passport office.
When the passport is ready, it will be sent to the address on the address on the “Return Shipping” form.
Please note a street address (not PO Box) and a phone number where you can be reached must be included.
* State Department regulations state that the application (DS-11) has to be submitted within 4-5 days of when it is dated. We need to receive the package the day after your envelope is sealed by the Passport Acceptance Agent. Please use an overnight service.